Friday 17 June 2011

this is killing me......(*dies)

I'm in an annoying and very frustrating private college!!! And I owe no-one any apologies, ahn ahn.....na wetin self, I'm almost dying from this thing called menstrual cramps, and here I am holding a paint and brush and painting this stchheewwwpid (please pronounce as spelt) set!
*side note* I am not actually, holding a paint and brush like this minuite I'm typing this post, but I just dropped it and felt I should bare my soul to you all! You get d picture now right?
Ok, moving on, in my previous post, I think iv mentioned somtn lyk being in a pact with d devil, when I say this I mean a pact with my department, this dept. Does nothing other than to siphon your energy and give it to the gods of the stage....I'm sure by now you are wondering what da HELL (in chi-gurls voice) is this nefertity talking about?
All this long serenre that I'm talking, is just saying that I'm tired of my life in this school.....wallahi, and this theatre-arts that I'm studying is not helping in anyway, (and please if you don't know anything about the theatre I would appreciate it if you don't roll your eyes) permit me to break down the way this theatre works...but then again I don't need your permission(sticking out my tongue), the minuite you go to the deans office, and get your course form and moved to the academic affairs unit, you will be given the choice of courses to fill and with happiness as someone who is now in the university that's how d person will happily fill and then sign his or her doom!
They never tell you that immediately you become a theatre art student, even if you are majoring in media (like beautiful me) or script-writing, dancing, music, or even audience(snickers, don't mind me ooh, there is nuffn lyk this* for those ppl who will go and believe that there is really something like a major in Audience) you will have to be able to do the following, even if you like be an Ajebutter (like me*wink) :
1) Build sets (check for set in the dictionary, I no fit explain)*walking away, but my milk of human kindness, draws me back* oya set is the background of the play, e.g if a play is depicted in a parlour, you must make it look like a parlour, anything or anywhere the director says the setting is, then we must build am like that.
2) You must try your hands in script-writing, and for this you must be reallly creative, and there is something called the muse(these are the supposed spirits which muse into you, to write something reasonable for printing)and please whoever knows about muses will know how elusive this things are, jizzz, I remember once when I had an assignment on writing a satire with 8 xters and the works....I had this assignment for a whole month, that was when my muse decided to visit the grave of its dead grand-father!! Hmmnnn....when the day before I submit this assignment came, meehn, I couldnt wait anymore for the freakum muse so I dusted my slippers, and ran 440(see very fast) to wherever the muse was hiding and dragged it by its flighty wings back, and na so I write my assignment oooh! Hmmnn......wahala
3) Costume and make-up: this might sound like fun....but when they tell you to make a fresh dewy skinned gal of 10 to look lyk a hunch-backed 69 year old woman, you go know how far.
4) Lights: anoda tory for another day....with the climbing of ladders and rearranging of light bulbs and gelatin.....
5) Props: you will read through the whole script, and bring out every freakum thing which is termed as property, even to the speck of sand, even if those things are outdated, you must produce them,...I remember when I acted a role,at some point I get to have a tail....hmmm...that story na for another day..
6) Publicity: if your lecturer-in-charge tells you that he needs 600 people, even if you have to give birth to children that will fill the audience space, na that one concern you! Wherever you bring the people, he or she isn't concerned as long as you bring the specified number of people.
7)Stage managing
8)Directing: I did this once and almost died of post-traumatic stress disorder.......
9) Dance: even if you don't only have two left legs but also a body that goes anti-clock-wise on default, you must dancve when the time comes!
10) Editing
11)Music: this one na by force too, if you like make your vocal chords burst....you must all na for your marks
12)Event managing: this one na OTONDO!! You must find one event or come up with one and manage it, and buy all d serenre that is needed for the event to be a success, and did I add that all this is with your money? Most times I feel sorry for my folks...
13) Acting: need I say anything?
14)Media:you must do cinematography, broadcasting, direct your talk show, produce for someborry, have a talk show too....omo I don tire...

A babe can only take soo much, or don't you think so? And lest I forget you have to take part in at least 45 plays before you are allowed to graduate! (Coupled with all this, I need to have a social life, a MR right which I already have, I'll gist you all about him later*wink*and I work*now crying* abeg no be die be that?)

Hmmmnnnn........I have a practical exam in approximately 3hours hence the brush and paint and frustration and I'm blogging out my frustrations, abeg I nid your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. all i can say is " you dey try"

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha..so funny esp @ the last line. comments would soon start to flow in..by the time you do blog rounds, leaving comments, you would be surprised by the turn out...goodluck :D

    ReplyDelete